Tips on how to choose the best running shoes for wide feet
When shopping for the best running shoes for wide feet, it is good to visit a store that specializes in medium and extra large athletic shoes and choose those that guarantee you the comfort, support and style that you need. Athletic shoes that fit well help you to stick to your exercise program and also help prevent injuries like calluses and blisters.
How would you know if you have wide feet?
The answer is simple. YOU need to get to know your own FEET! Wide or not will depends on the shape of your feet. If you regularly having problem fitting into shoes, then you might have that wide feet problem but id not, your feet are just fine and the problem is just getting the right shoes! All you need to know before buying a new running or any sports shoes that fits you well is to KNOW the right size of your feet. You will get the right shoes regardless how wide your feet are.
Characteristics of wide feet shoes
– The technology used allows for maximum striding.
– The upper part is designed in an athletic style with multi-directional mesh that stretches to adapt to your foot size and shape. This
creates a customized fitting ability.
– The material used is perforated to allow air in and out. Upper mesh also makes the shoe breathable.
– They have plush cushioning thus able to protect your feet from injury as you run.
– For enhanced foot fitting, wide running shoes have eyelets placed independently to spread the tension caused by laces evenly.
– Designed with cushioning and bounce back properties, durability is ensured
– Padded collar and tongue ensure that you feel comfortable in the shoes
Remember the following tips when shopping
– Do your shopping late in the evening. This is because your feet can increase in size in the course of the day as they swell when
you walk or stand. Thus, in the evening they are at their biggest size.
– Put on the socks you will exercise in when trying the new shoes.
– Walk around to check whether they are convincingly comfortable and cushioning. You should also try to simulate athletic
movements like jogging and jumping to determine whether they will perform well.
– Check and ensure that there is a space measuring one inch or more between laces. It is important so that enough
room will be left for adjusting the laces. However, if the lace holes are more than two inches apart, the shoes may be too tight.
– Choose a shoe that bends easily under your foot’s ball and there is no rubbing or tightness.
– You should be able to stand on your toes and check that your heel does not come out of the shoe.
– Choose a running shoes which front part is wide enough for your toes to spread. Check by pressing down with your thumb that the longest
toe is about the width of a thumbnail from the end of the shoe. You check this .
– Carry your old shoes so that the shoe professional helping you can use it to determine your gait.
Does Shoe Widths Matters?
Shoe widths come in narrow, medium, wide, x-wide, and sometimes even wider. See the common mistakes people make when selecting shoe widths and what foot conditions may cause you to wear wide sized shoes.
Always remember to replace old running shoes with new ones every 3 to 6 months or after 300 to 500 miles of running.